In episode 6 of From Struggle to Militant: A Revolutionary Story, we interview Kym Smith. Kym Smith is an organizer with the Party for Socialism and Liberation and Outside Liaison with Jailhouse Lawyers Speak. Born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina- She has been organizing with the Party since December 2017. Kym co-founded the Soda City Bail Fund in 2020 during the George Floyd uprisings; it is one of Columbia’s first bail funds.
Selection of Kym’s work:
- Black Struggle is Class Struggle
- On Women and Mass Incarceration
- South Carolina prison denies medication to incarcerated women
- The prison system is slavery in another form
- ‘No justification’ for SC Gov.’s failure to evacuate prisons in Hurricane Florence